CowSignals® Chapter 4: The Farm Workshop - Among the Cows
Welcome to CowSignals® e-learning! We are excited to teach you how to keep dairy cows healthy and happy. With CowSignals®, dairy cows produce more milk and have longer productive lives. Farms reach 2 more lactations, have lower replacement rates and produce more milk with the same amount of resources!
This course is the fourth chapter of the full CowSignals® e-learning. The first 2 chapters covered the theory of the CowSignals® Concept. In Chapter 3, we started the practical Farm Workshop: we interviewed a Dutch farmer and observed the cows from the feed alley, using a checklist, from the feed alley.
In this chapter, we go among the cows and assess their health and welfare with our 2nd checklist.
1) We check if the cows get enough feed, water, light, air, rest, and space in the barn.
2) We explain which signals we encounter and what they mean.
3) We tell you which solutions could improve the health and welfare of these cows.
- 7 Practical video lessons
- Total video content: 41 minutes
- Study questions